Wednesday, November 9, 2011

New York City Quilter




Well I spent a wonderful week in New York before heading to Houston and I thought I would share a little of this with you. I couldn't wait to seek out the New York City Quilt store and the new gallery attached to it. The Store is lovely and they had some great little treasures I had not seen before. So yes I had to buy some bits n bobs like a tiny olfa 7" x 5 1/2" cutting mat and a 4 1/2" square ruler. Great for all those little projects. I bought some lovely laminated fabric that I have a plan for so will show you that when I lay my hands on it. They also have this lovely fabric of the NY skyline and the subway map lines, very cool. All of this is in a box making its way here to Oz I hope. fingers crossed. For now here is some of the wonderful quilts from the Gallery. I completely forgot to take a photo of the store front.

The quilts were all made by the same designer, I am sorry that i didn't take down her name. they are stunning no?

More soon Stacey

1 comment:

Rachaeldaisy said...

I've been reading about your adventures at Quilt Market. It sounds amazing! These quilts are amazing! Such a nice idea for a shop to have a quilt gallery attached.