Monday, December 5, 2011

hexagons and new liife

 This morning I could hear the dog yapping and whining out near the chook house, and on investigating look who arrived during the night. We have been counting the days trying to work out when Mother duck started sitting and you know ducks are not very good sitters right? at least not the Jemima puddle duck variety, which is what our ducks are. Indian runners. So I have rescued this little ducky from the pond this morning as she hopped in and couldnt get out. Isnt he or she the cutest little thing?
So Mother is back on her nest this morning as there is one more egg to hatch so fingers crossed. Now the fun begins trying to keep the balance of nature......Snakes, foxes, dingos and puppy dogs at bay.



On the sewing front I have been back on the hexagons this week and thrilled to be finally on the borders. this long project has been neglected over the last few months but I totally love being able to sit and sew these as my time permits. you know I will still be posting about this quilt for the next 12 months. I don't see it finished any time soon unfortunately. I cant wait to make another out of a jelly roll instead of my scrap bag this time. Mind you I have bought  a number of fat quarters to add just the right shade of purple or yellow...........well you would have too I am sure.



I hope to have 2 duckies to show you tomorrow.
Happy Sewing Stacey
 

1 comment:

Marg said...

Your hexies are looking lovely. Hand sewing is such a nice relaxing pass time, and great that it's portable too.
Cute duckling, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next one.