Thursday, May 3, 2012

Life is short, call a friend.











Well, hi friends it has been a full month since I last blogged we have had Easter, Anzac day and now are on the brink of May day weekend, here in Australia. I have been doing little to no sewing, but been busy doing life with my little family. I have posted this pic in token of remembering to have fun and call a girlfriend, go for coffee or lunch, we all need a few great friends. I am going on quilt retreat with some of mine this weekend and hoping to finish my Jelly stars to put into the Brookfield Show. I am rather  melancholy and will explain why......

I also live in the community that has tragically  lost a mother of three little girls. Allison went missing for 12 days and her body was discovered this week. we are all at a loss, and its so terrible for her family and loved ones. I didn't know Allison but had met her Husband on many occasions, I probably stood behind her in Coles? . My daughter was taught by her at school, a class on friendship and understanding the changes and behaviours of what goes on with young girls when they are 10-12 yrs old. her girls go to that same school. It becomes quite consuming the wondering when she first disappeared, we all searched our land and the police came calling. May she rest in Peace and her Girls become strong courageous women, who can learn to survive this terrible event.



Lets pray they catch who ever did this soon.

Happy Sewing Stacey

1 comment:

Thea said...

It is very sad and your wish for the girls is a lovely one. My husband has cancer so I have learnt to appreciate life and loved ones that much more. xx