Thursday, October 4, 2012

It's a Lark

Okay so I was chatting to Liisa, from The Quilters Corner last week about Amy Butler's Lark range. Now I do love this range and have picked up about 10 pieces, over the last little while- as you do. So I have been cruising Pinterest lately and inspired, with a patchwork lark skirt. So I adjusted a pattern by Monica Poole - reversible wrap, bought from Liisa a few weeks back and this is what i came up with.  I cut 2x 10" squares from all the pieces and made the waistband out of a peach skin black, cut on the cross and  Voila.......
So a unique skirt for under $40.00 thanks for coming and i still have half my fat quarters to go in a fab scrappy quilt. Maybe half square triangles with the rest of the black. something to think about. Go see Liisa for the pattern and fabrics.

I wore it today and am really happy with the result. Not all fab fabric needs to be quilted right?
What a Lark.

Cheers Stacey

1 comment:

Kate said...

LOVE your skirt - it looks so great on you!!!!