Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Birthday quilt

Hi in my winter hibernation I had a birthday. Now my beautiful mother also a quilter has been sending me fab quilts over the last few years for all the beds up at the Retreat. She says she just wants to use up all her fabrics. But as we all know the stash grows as we are madly trying to use up the pieces.
Last year when I went to Houston for the quilt market and festival( girls put it on your bucket list) mum asked me to look out for some Japanese prints for a lady she knew. And this is what I got for my birthday this year.
I had been telling mum about the disappearing nine patch block. So my tech savvy mother googled it and voila.
Mum has been reading the Jennifer Chiaverini "Elm Creek Quilts" series and can't put them down. so if you haven't read them check out your local library

Sorry Mum I am late in my display of thanks but better late than never. xxx

happy stitching
 Stacey

No comments: