Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Baby Quilt with Minky dots

Hi i have been so busy of late with having both sets of parents visiting from Adelaide over the past 6 weeks I have not been blogging, or doing much of anything sewing related, however..... I did manage to start a baby quilt between my mum leaving and hubby's parents arriving -48 hours later. So when hubby took his parents up to Buderim for some lawn mowing and lunching I got a few hours of sewing in here and there and over the rainy weekend between baking I got this little baby girls blanket finished.

 So here is my super easy and quick baby blanket. its not a quilt as really no quilting . I used the lovely and super soft minky dots that you can find almost everywhere fabrics are sold. So I just made up a top using the ever enduring snuggle pot and cuddle-pie material found in Spotlight. how could I resist right? with a mixture of other fabrics from various ranges.I kept it simple and added a few piece of the minky into the front and then backed it with the Minky also.The Kiss principle is a great Principle
Once the top was finished and squared up, I heavy pinned the outside edges and using my walking foot sandwiched the two pieces together just like sewing a cushion. I then just top stitched the outer edge. The Minky being a stretch fabric must be treated with a little more care. Under advisement from my Sista su she said don't even bother trying to quilt it from all she had read on other Blog's.
 A few pieced easy triangles snuck in amongst random rectangles all the width of my ruler....lol.
And Murphy's law two fabrics the same smack bang next to each other.
So now I am ready for my friend to make her special delivery.

Happy Wednesday Stacey.

2 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a sweet little quilt. Minky fabric is so cuddly. Lucky little baby. It is funny that no matter how hard we try and check there will be two fabrics the same next to each other. Beautiful job.

tania said...

oh this is so beautiful:) love the sweet fabrics:)