Saturday, April 27, 2013

Don't look now

Hello on this gorgeous April Saturday. I have been busy this week on a challenge for a quilt show. It's the first I have ever participated in, and it has taken many hours to decided just what to make. Well I had to add to my extensive stash to find just the right colours,( "raise your eyebrows here") of course. Then on Anzac day I threw all those ideas out the window and decided on making my own version of a" don't look now" pattern, By Kellie Wulfsohn. I am really happy with the tree trunk I have used the trapunto technique, and patchworked the trunk with many shades of green for the leaves.
This is the first time I have done this style of quilting and surprisingly it wasn't as time consuming as I first thought it would be.
The effect is really nice and pulls the tree out nicely!
Anyway enough rambling from me I best go put the binding and rod pocket on. I will let you know if I get a gold star or not! My mum will give me one for sure!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Beautiful work and I love the quilting. Definitely a gold star from me.